Pasta …. Wow sounds yummmy … isn’t??
It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine . Pasta is like Noodles because both make by dough . Dough can be made with eggs and wheat flour, multi-grans or rice flour . Pasta is available into various shapes and flavor s like sheets long thin etc. Pasta is generally a simple dish but you might be not knowing that 310 specific forms are known variably by over 1300 names which have been documented so far. Even I got amazed and surprise after knowing this.
We can make it with different ways like boiling , baked , cooking . It comes in many varieties due to its versatility. Some pasta dishes are served as a first course in Italy which depends on its sizes and simplicity. Pasta is also prepared in light lunches, such as salads or large portion sizes for dinner. It can be prepared by hand or food processor and served hot or cold. Pasta made by various kinds of sauces and we can choose which type of pasta we want to eat with which sauces. You may check my sauces column( category) to know more about sauces and their preparation method.
Today I am going to use multigrain rotini pasta (3 colors). As I want my pasta to be very colorful, rich and healthy so I am using colorful vegetables, multigrain pasta and cheeses . There are so many types of pasta available in the market like Rigatoni, Cavatappi ,Linguine, Fusilli, Penne so you can chose easily which flavor and shape you want as per your choice. As I like bit spicy I am gonna make my pasta with little indian touch by adding my homemade sauces ( with some extra chillis).
Total Time:1 hrs Prep:15 min Cook:25 min Yield: 4 person (1 tray)
- 1 package uncooked rotini pasta (using mix veg pasta , it gives Nice and rich color for my dish)
- 4 large nicely chopped cloves garlic
- 4 cups homemade white sauce or market
- 2 cups homeamde Pizza base(tomatoes) sauce or market
- 1/2 cup sliced Onion
- 1 cup red sliced capsicum ( red pepper)
- 1 cup yellow sliced capsicum (yellow pepper)
- 1 cup green sliced capsicum (Green pepper)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 ricotta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tabs olive oil or vegetables oil
- 2-3 Chopped Green chili (Optional)
- Bring a large deep pan of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp oil and salt into the water. While water is boiling, just add all pasta and cook it at medium flame. I cook pasta in generously in salted water for 4-5 minutes or as recommended on packet. The pasta will soak up more water and keep on cooking after we drain it, so we need it to be a little under cooked. I am adding cold water in pasta and now draining again and keeping a side .
- Meanwhile take a glass baking dish (13×9-inch )and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- start preheating your Oven
- Now take a saute pan and put on gas at medium flame. Add 2 Tabs Olive oil and when it become hot, add chopped garlic, chopped chili and cook for 1/2 min. If you don’t like spicy taste then just avoid green chili .
- Now add all chopped vegetable , mix it and cook for 3-4 min at low flame . Don’t cook more because we are anyways going to bake it . Now add salt and black pepper and mix it properly and keep a side .
- Pour 1/2 cups of the Pizza sauce into dish and spread it on bottom
- Now spread half cooked vegetables into dish and make its layer.
- Now spread half cooked pasta into dish again as layer.
- Now spread white sauce and all cheeses (Half, remains will be used in other layer)
- Now spread all leftover pasta and all remaining sauces and make the final layer of sauces.
- Repeat layers ending with mozzarella cheese.. Now your pasta is ready for baking. Cover lightly with foil by making sure that foil is not resting on cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes with cover and then 20 minutes without cover or until center is bubbly and thoroughly heated. When you feel your cheese is looking yummy…..I think you shoul be good now and I can say yes you Are Done Mr Chef…!!! 🙂
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Now this what we are calling yum yum yummy!!! I can’t wait now.. 🙂
Have a nice cooking and tasty eating.