Thandai is very popular drink in India for summers . Specially Bhangwali thandai is very famous at Holi occasion but India is a place where you don’t need any special occasion every day is special ….. 😀 At some places people call it sardai. Thandai Recipe is a cool and refreshing drink in summer . It gets prepare with dry fruits and flavored with fragrant spices . I am using fresh rose petals and kesar (Saffron), so they give real color and flavored . If you like you may use kevra as well, for extra flavor. Also adding some black pepper will give nice spicy flavor which I am gonna use today. Generally people use white pepper instead of black pepper for thandai as it gives nice white color.
- 1 ltr full cream milk .
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 8-9 black pepper (kali mirch) OR white pepper
- 1/4 saffron(kesar)
- 10-12 pistachios (pista)
- 10-12 raisins
- 4 tbsp melon seeds
- 4 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds( khus-khus).
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds.
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 2 tbsp Gulkand (dried or fresh rose petals)
- Take Big heavy bottom bowl and put all milk and boil it at medium flame for 10 min . Add sugar , saffron , mix it and boil it again .
- After 15-20 min check it. It become a thick at thit time switch off the flame and keep it for cooling in fridge.
- Now mix all ingredients (cardamon powder leave it) and soak in 3 cup of water. keep aside at least 2 hrs .
- Now grind all soaked ingredients and make a fine paste with the help of grander . I am using Sillbatta for making this paste , basically its a traditional process for thandai , so If you have stone grander (silbatta) try to use it . It will give awesome natural flavor……. 😀
- Now add this paste in the boiled Milk , Now Mix them nicely and Add cardamon powder and mix it very well again .
- After that keep this mixture in fridge at least 1 hr, Now Thandai is ready to drink …. 😀
- Enjoy Your Summer with healthy and rich drink. ………………………. !!!