Eggplant crust veg pizza … Firstly, let me share my experience. When I ate this dish first time in my life I was confused and surprised. Because as a typical Indian (asia) I can imagine only “Baigan bharta ” of Eggplant instead of Pizaa …… :P. But I must say it was indeed yummy as it was full of cheese and tomato spice sauce . Cheese add super tasty flavor and colorful vegetables makes it looking pretty good and healthy. Actually, I got this recipe from one of my American friend. This vegetarian friendly dish will be a sure hit with the eggplant lovers, specially for kids and I love to serve it as a appetizer with salad. Good part is – it is very simple quicker and easy to make. Best choice for lazy people like me .. hehehe. As it is Pizza kind-of recipe thus instead of dough we will use eggplant as a base here.
So lets go for the real action lazy ppl…
- 1 Large eggplant- cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
- 1 Cup – skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1 /2 finely chopped spinach
- 1⁄8 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pasta tomato sauce
- Sliced Onion
- Sliced Tomato
Take a big eggplant and cut it into 4 half-inch thick slices . Apply some salt on both sides and rest them for 10 min . After 10 min you would see some water on eggplant’s pieces , so just clean that water with the help of paper napkins .
- After that apply some oil and seasoning with the salt and pepper both sides of the eggplant and Arrange on a baking sheet and bake them until browned and almost tender for 5-6 min. You can check for some more time and see if it got soften as you want. Now Just put pasta sauce on each eggplant slice.
NOTE – Preheat the oven on 200 degree Celsius and Turn only Once while baking
Now put shredded cheese, ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, sliced onion, sliced tomato and some seasoning on top of baked slices. One more thing I want to share about this recipe; it is very simple and quick recipe. Actually I am not worried about 100% perfect ingredients arrangement here and going to use just vegetables like tomatoes, onion etc ..which are easily available at home. But again it is up to you, what kind of flavor you want and so you can arrange accordingly for yourself my dear….
Pizza is ready for bake …… 😀
Note :- Eggplants are very soft so we can not achieve crust pizza base like normal pizza here but we can use pizza stone for that . I want pizza flavor so I am not worried about crispy base.
Yummyyyyy Pizza is ready to eat………………………………………. 😀