Today, I am making Vada-Pav at my home for my friends. Vada Pav is the most popular street food of Mumbai
(Maharashtra) in India and is also known as the Desi Burger. Basically Pav is soft bread roll and can serve anytime for anyone very easily….. :). Vada Pav serves with two kind of chutney(s) ; green chutney and Dry red garlic powder. But sometime I use some sweet tamarind chutney as well (as my personal choice) to add some extra taste. So it’s optional but you can try it ( may be you like it :)).
But real taste gets added to vada pav with only authentic “dry chutney (Dry red garlic powder)” and without this you are really going to miss something. So let’s not miss anything and have full enjoyment of this tasty and yummy recipe. Let’s not take that chance and see how to make this “Dry red garlic powder“:
- 1 cup garlic cloves
- 1/2 th cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 4-5 red whole chilies
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp red chilie Powder (If you Love spicy )
- Take a roasted fry pan and put it on medium flame. Now we will roast grated coconut at low flame. When it become little brown switch off the gas and keep it aside for cooling.
- Now roast the ‘coriander seeds’, ‘chilies’, ‘garlic cloves’ and ‘peanuts’ separately and a keep it aside once done for cooling.
- Add roasted peanuts, roasted chilies, roasted coriander, garlic cloves, tamarind paste and salt in grinder jar (or food processor jar).
- Grind it till it becomes medium coarse powder. Taste for salt and add more if required.
Guess what?? Yes.. Your super magical “dry garlic Chutney” is now ready for Vada-Pav . Isn’t so easy??
Now its time to enjoy the vada-pav ( of-course you need to prepare that as well .. lol) with this yummy and spicy dry powder.
Please don’t forget to share your comments and feedback..