Today i am trying to make Blueberry Cup cakes … few years ago technically I was very confused between cupcakes and muffins . Both looks like same sometimes so I am trying to share my experience here.
- Cupcakes are often iced or frosted, whereas muffins tend to have no topping, or a simple crumb topping.
- Cupcakes usually have a head or top no larger than the body of the cupcake, muffins are often encouraged to overflow their baking cup, so that their top is larger in diameter, giving them somewhat of a mushroom shape
- Cupcakes are small cakes, and are made by one of the traditional cake methods such as the creaming method, the reverse creaming method, the chiffon method, and so on. They tend to have a finer crumb than muffins.
- From a technical point of view, muffins are made by the muffin method, making them small quick breads. In the muffin method, the wet ingredients are combined in one bowl, and the dry ingredients are combined in another bowl. Then the two are quickly incorporated together with minimal mixing to avoid gluten development. This gives muffins a somewhat coarse crumb.
Cupcakes tend to be sweeter than muffins .
Now let’s go in kitchen and start making “Blueberry Cupcakes With eggs ”
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Red food color (optional)
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/3 cup vegetable Oil (canola oil,corn oil,safflower)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 11/2 fresh or frozen blueberries
Sieve all purpose flour (Maida ) and baking powder, baking soda , And mix it nicely. Keep a side
Take a big bowl just add sugar and eggs , and beat it properly
Add food color , vanilla extract , plain curd , oil, blue berries and mix it. It is the oil and yogurt that make a muffin that is wonderfully moist and bread.When folding in the blueberries, especially if you are using frozen blueberries have a light hand as you do not want the blueberries to crush and stain the batter blue. You might want to try this recipe using other berries like blackberries, raspberries, or even chopped cranberries. And if you would like extra flavor, add a teaspoon of grated lemon or orange zest for flavor.
Now Add all dry ingredient and mix it very well . Blue Berries cupcake batter is ready for Bake…… 🙂
I love how quickly the batter for these muffins can be put together.
Fill the cups with the batter and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes
or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
Note :- Always check a few minutes before the stated baking time. Do not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.
If you want flat topped cupcakes then slice off the dome of each cupcake, with a sharp knife, before frosting. If you want to pipe the frosting,
Wow My cup cakes are Ready to enjoy………………. !!!!!